Bicarbonate of soda is a MUST to have in the kitchen let alone bathroom and rest of the household. For one it is an excellent oven cleaner. Burnt, baked and stuck on food continues to burn and is known to release dangerous carcinogens. I have yet to find an off-the-shelf oven cleaner without heavy toxins which can eat through your skin when they come into contact with your skin. We all know that the skin is our biggest organ and dangerous cleaners could really make you suffer. So keeping your oven spotless is very important, don’t you think?
Lye and ammonia in oven cleaners!
Bicarbonate of Soda is NON-toxic and alkaline. Lye and ammonia are toxic and quite common ingredients found in oven cleaners. They are known to break through layers of skin and entering your bloodstream and also making their way respiratory system. Even if you think your oven is clean, think again. The fumes linger. Next time when you use your oven again the toxic residues enter your totally contaminated food and end up in your digestive system.
Natural & Green Cleaning! Bicarbonate of Soda!
Natural and green cleaning oven products can help, but a little homemade DIY oven cleaner of bicarbonate of soda and vinegar may be all you need.
Research confirms that most shelf bought oven and grill cleaners contain a large amount of toxic poisons. The fumes are responsible from impaired vision to swelling of the throat to difficulty in breathing to burning inside your nose, swollen lips and tongue to vomiting, to skin irritations. Horrendous effects which can be worse in babies and children.
Right! I am sure you like to try your DIY Bicarbonate of Soda oven cleaner!
What you need:
- sponge | wash cloth
- Ovenproof dish
- Vinegar (Raw Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda)
What to do:
- In the ovenproof container mix equal parts of water, bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) and vinegar
- Cover the bottom part of your oven with the mixture and put the rest of the mixture in the ovenproof dish and leave on an oven rack
- Put the temperature on 100 degrees and leave it running for about 40-50 minutes
- After 40-50 minutes wipe out the remaining foamy vinegar-bicarb of soda-mixture with a damp cloth.
- Repeat if you must until all the mixture residue is gone. Oven clean and shiny!!!