Dryer sheets added along with your washing to your dryer has become routine for millions of people. Don’t you just love them. Admit it, you wouldn’t think twice about adding a sheet or two. And you believe that it is a harmless way to bring a fresh, clean smell to your washing, think again! Most people associate the apparently ‘fresh’ smell of washing just dried with a dryer sheet as a sign of being clean and healthy. And pulling a warm, fresh washing load of scented laundry out of your dryer may make you feel warm and taking a nice deep breath, there’s likely something not-so-good happening inside of your body.
Unfortunately, if you believe that tumble dryer sheets are the bees knees, you couldn’t be further from the truth. The smell coming off of your tumble dryer with the added dryer sheets, are very detrimental to our respiratory and overall health. Dryer sheets are toxic and so is the laundry from your underwear, t-shirts, trousers to your towels, wash cloth and tea-towels. Dryer sheets emit a detectable amount of toxic chemicals which linger in the room. So remember that everyone around you is affected by your “fresh smelling” toxic clothes you wear, or the nice fresh smelling tea towel you use to wipe the dishes. YUK! Let alone the poor animals in your household. It makes them sick! (and that includes all the disgusting electric plug in room fresheners. They are ALL else BUT fresh!)
Dryer Sheets. The Chemical Toxic Rip Off!
Don’t be fooled by the pretty boxes with blossoms and flowers. Its a sales gimmick and reminds us of fresh fields and spring time. Dryer sheets are soaked with ingredients you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy. Don’t buy them, they are a chemical, toxic rip off. Dryer sheets are really a toxic rip-off. Just ask yourself why are you paying for a product that could actually be making you sick. I’m talking about carcinogenics, hazardous pollutants, endocrine disruptors and many other things that target your organs in the most horrendous horrible ways.
Let’s look at this for a moment!
- carcinogenic hazardous air pollutant
- some include acetaldehyde || 1,4-dioxane || formaldehyde
- endocrine disruptors
- synthetic scents causing migraines || asthma attacks || eye & throat irritations || contact dermatitis
- limited airflow & pulmonary irritation
- hormone disruptors
- toxic fragrance chemicals and compounds like acetyl hexamethyl tetralin, isobornyl acetate and phenethyl alcohol
- quaternary ammonium compounds
- routinely used can trigger reproductive toxicity
- acetone in the sheets can trigger dizzy spells and headaches
- dryer sheets are considered toxic to wildlife
- cause skin allergies || eczema || psoriasis
- very harmful to babies respiratory system
It’s a true fact!
Dryer sheets didn’t exist before 1969 and the good news is that we don’t really need them. We have washed our clothing forever without all these modern money making ‘modern’ products. Personally I can say that I have not used any and won’t in the future as I like things as natural as they come.