Tiramisu is loved by many but avoided as it’s not only rich, but also high in calories. So for all you Tiramisu lovers, here is one you can eat guilt-free and you don’t even have to bake it!
Tiramisu, NO-bake Raw Organic Vegan Sugar Free
Serves 3 (you should be so lucky!):
Ingredients for the tiramisu cream:
- 1 cup raw organic cashew nuts (pre-soak for at least 1 hour)
- ½ cup young green coconut meat
- ¼ cup raw organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- small pinch of Himalayan Pink salt (or sea salt!)
Tiramisu biscuit mixture:
- ½ cup organic walnuts
- 4 organic pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons organic grape juice (white)
- 3 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoon organic fairtrade coffee extract
- 1 teaspoon ground organic vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract
- ½ – 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup raw organic almond flour
- 1 tablespoon raw organic cacao powder (or organic carob powder)
- Raw Organic Cacao Powder
What to do next!
- Open your young green coconut, scoop out 1/2 cup of the fleshy bits.
- drain the water from the cashew nuts and put them into your Vitamix.
- add the coconut meat, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and powder as well as the salt. Blend to a smooth, thick cream at high speed. There should not be any lumpy bits!
- when done, scoop it all out into a bowl, cover and put into the fridge for about an hour.
Get on with the next lot of ingredients, the biscuit mixture!
- add your walnuts, dates, grape juice, maple syrup, vanilla powder, coffee, vanilla and rum extract in your vitamix and blend on full speed until it appears wet and well mixed. Don’t worry if there are a few chunky pieces in your mixture.
- spoon the mixture out, add your almond flour and the cacao powder. Fold in and mix it all up until it’s nice and evenly mixed.
Putting it all together:
- align your parchment paper on a tray, then lay it on a flat surface.
- spread your biscuit mixture out, so it makes six equal sized, flat circles.
- take the cream out of the fridge, spoon on top of the biscuit mixture.
- be patient! Carefully flatten it as much as possible (use a spatula).
- when done, carefully take one of the biscuit and lay on top of the cream.
- scoop the second half of the cream on top of the biscuit mixture and try to even it all out with your fingers/spoon/spatula.
- repeat with the other two.
- when done, use a mesh strainer and sprinkle your cacao across the top of your the tops of your three tiramisu.
When you have done all three, put them in the freezer for 30-40 minutes before serving!