Yoga Asanas Spring Season
The Marjaryasana-Bitilasana (Cat-Cow)
The cat-cow movement is excellent for energising and sacral (Svadhisthana) chakra. The cat posture is known as Marjariasana and cow Bitilasana.
- Position yourself on all fours, wrists under shoulders, knees parallel and under hips. Steady and even out your breath.
- Exhale, drawing in your stomach muscles, tucking under tailbone and chin, arch your back to the sky above and enjoy the movement across your abdomen and lower back.
- Inhale, lower your stomach to the ground and natural arch to form in your back, lift your head and tailbone, as is comfortable to increase the stretch as it pleases you.
- Relax into your starting neutral position, then repeat another two rounds of your cat-cow sequence.
Benefits of Marjaryasana-Bitilasana
Supports and stretches the spine and neck. Develops posture and balance. Releases rigidities in the hips, abdomen and back. Improves coordination. Stimulates internal organs, particularly liver, kidneys and adrenal glands. Restores emotional balance.
Ardha Matsyendrasana the half spinal twist is an excellent posture energising the root (Muladhara) chakra and invigorating the digestive system. It can feel nice to do this after food has digested or on an empty stomach. Always make sure that you twist as far as is comfortable, don’t over do it!
- Kneel with knees touching and sitting on your heels. Move your buttocks to the ground on the left of your legs.
- Bring your right leg over your left knee, keeping your left hell close to your buttocks, elongate your spine making sure that you are sat up straight.
- Place your left elbow on the outside of your right knee, bringing your right arm to the floor behind your right buttock. Take a deep long inhalation and on your exhalation twist easily as far as pleases you towards the right, drawing the knee inwards with your elbow.
- Gently release this posture returning to sit on your heels and repeat on the opposite side.
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana
Stimulates internal organs, particularly liver and kidneys. Opens chest, shoulders and hips. Helps with suppleness and flexibility. Helps restore and maintain spines natural range of motion.
Please click here for our SPRING Chakra Survival Vitality Bundle | THREE Month Seasonal Skin Food Package!